Congratulations on another great year in the classroom and on the field/court/track!
As another summer is upon us, it is extremely important that we protect your eligibility for the 2013-14 academic year. Here are a few rules you need to keep in mind:
1. All outside competition (either team or individually) needs to be approved by the Compliance Office. These forms can be found at these links:
2. Please make sure that you contact your coach and/or the Compliance Office if you will be receiving expenses from your team, qualify for prize money or have the potential of receiving any other type of benefit associated with competition. We want to ensure it is permissible for you to receive prior to receipt of the benefit.
3. You may only compete on AMATEUR teams. If you have any questions if your team is amateur, please contact your coach and/or the Compliance Office.
4. As usual, please do not accept anything, outside of your family and the athletic association, that is not available to the general public. Receipt of an extra benefit will effect your eligibility.
5. Finally, if you plan to gain employment this summer, you must first complete the Student-Athlete Employment Form. The Compliance Office must approve your employment prior to starting work with any organization. The form to complete can be found here.
Congratulations again on a great year and have a great summer!