This page is designed to answer questions that student-athletes and their parents have about enrollment at UGA. You can also visit the UGA Student Services website for more information on academics for student-athletes at UGA.
Frequently Asked Questions by New Students and Parents
- Email me with your questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 706-542-7955
- Cell phone number: 706-247-6957
- FAX number : 706-542-4291
- Mailing address: P.O. Box 1472 Athens, GA 30603
- Overnight address: Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall, 1 Selig Circle, Athens, GA 30602
Useful Links to other websites for even more details:
Orientation for International Students is held in August, generally one week before classes begin. It is very helpful if students on a F-1 visa attend this session. There are federal laws and procedures we must follow with international students or students can face immigration problems.
Students with less than 430 SAT Verbal or 17 ACT English score are considered Learning Support in English and Reading. Students with less than a 400 SAT Math or 17 ACT Math score are considered Learning Support in Math. Learning Support students must take the COMPASS exam prior to admission.
Students with less than four years of high school math or English are also considered Learning Support and must take the COMPASS.