The University of Georgia Athletic Association recognizes the role sport camps play for the University. They offer each of our programs an opportunity for visibility and establish long-term ties to the sport, the Athletic Association, and the University. We also recognize that the camps can be a means of providing financial support to a number of camp employees.
While the Athletic Association has historically supported the concept of sport camps, it also recognizes the tremendous growth in the number of camps, campers, and the growing challenges the camps provide for athletic support staff, facilities, and the University.
The Athletic Association is also sensitive to NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and policies, and expects coaches, support staff, and other related employees to understand and to abide by them as they relate to the administration of sport camps.
Accordingly, this website has been prepared to provide information, assistance, and to provide guidelines and policies regarding the operation of sport camps.
Mission of UGAAA Sport Camps
- To provide a variety of sport camps which reflect the interests of the University of Georgia constituency.
- To provide an atmosphere that helps to develop specific athletic skills, character development, and personal growth.
- To provide a quality experience for campers by providing expert instruction by knowledgeable staff members.
- To offer camps which protect and safeguard the well being of all campers.
- To insure camps offer campers and opportunity to develop a relationship and understanding of the Georgia Bulldog tradition, as well as the history of UGA.